We all know that skin aging is a natural process, but we don't want to look older than we feel. It's hard to feel confident when you're not happy with how you look. Many people have tried lots of skin care solutions or an invasive methods to help regain the youthful radiance but lose motivation since it doesn't last too long.
What if you knew what daily habits age your skin and what DIY methods can help you retrain your skin to radiate naturally? Would you put an effort in following this process as you do your daily yoga or meditation routine?
Here are 10 tips Yolanda Russo, skin care expert offers her clients on a daily bases. Please scroll to the end to find a link to Online Beauty Visit via zoom during which Yolanda can address your specific needs and design a home care program just for you.
1. Get enough sleep: You've heard that before, I know. But do you really know that during sleep your body repairs itself? Just notice your face and your energy level after pulling an all-nighter. The face looks gray, dark circles show up from nowhere and you feel tired. This is the result how sleep deprived body looks and feels. Sleep is important for overall health and your should make an effort to get 7-8 hours of quality sleep every night.
2. Eat healthy: Most likely you know that too. Eating a rainbow colored diet full of red, orange, green color fruits and vegetables is most beneficial for your body because of high fiber and high antioxidant content. Eating healthy foods, lean proteins and healthy oils will also help your body to better fight off the effects of aging.
3. Exercise: Did you know that your face has muscles too? Daily exercise can help your body stay toned and fit, but most of you probably don't know how to exercise the face muscles. Here is a quick link to the skin care expert's DIY NECK LIFT to increase the blood flow and tighten the muscles of the neck.
4. Limit sun exposure: Love the sun but don't stay out more than 15 min without the sunscreen. Too much sun exposure shatters collagen and consequently your skin ages prematurely. Make sure you get enough of the natural VIt D by going out for a walk in the morning or at the end of the day. The toxic sun is at its peak at around 12PM-3PM that means SPF is highly recommended during those hours.
5. Use a nutritious moisturizer: How many creams have you tried so far? Keeping your skin hydrated and fortified with vitamins is important in preventing skin aging. Be sure to use a quality moisturizer every day in addition to a facial serum such as Vit C, peptides or even retinol to stimulate the production of collagen.
6. Exfoliate twice a week: Skin care experts recommend gel exfoliants over harsh and gritty products. One of the best cleanser/exfoliant our clients found is our BOC Triple Exfoliating Cleanser. Exfoliating with gel exfoliant helps to melt away dead skin cells and can give your skin a more youthful appearance without injuring the skin barrier.
7. Try anti-aging facial treatments: You don't know which facial is best for you when visiting the facial clinic? For most people over 35 you want to choose the anti aging facials. Facials can help to increase blood flow, hydrate the skin, and relax the skin to give you an instant glow.
8. Use makeup wisely: Wearing too much makeup can age your appearance. It is important to find a balance with your makeup routine. If your skin is healthy and your skin care routine is correct you don't really need to use makeup but a concealer only where needed in addition to your mascara. Try to avoid powders when your skin feels dry.
9. Relax: Stress is unavoidable but how you deal with it is important. During the times of stress we tend to hold our breath for an extended period of time decreasing the skin's respiration. Unmanaged life pressures can result in loss of glow and possible wrinkles. It is important to find ways to relax and reduce stress in your life. Taking a yoga class, getting a massage, or reading a book are all great ways to unwind.
Your Gift: Listen to Breathing For Beauty, meditation On-The-Go.
This soothing meditation is experienced by our clients during facial treatments.
10. Follow a simple yet effective home care routine. Each time you visit your skin care professional you can ask her/him to give you the best strategies to improve your skincare and home care routine.
By following these tips, you can get your skin to look younger naturally. Remember to be patient – results may not be immediate, but with time this process will become effortless!
Author, Yolanda Russo, skin care expert and creator of Beauty On Command Natural Facelift Method and the home course on www.beautyoncommand.com